How to Install a Door Knob: Door Knob Code
Installing a new doorknob with Door Knob Code is a relatively easy task that most people can do without too much trouble.
- The first thing you need to do is remove the old doorknob.
- To do this, unscrew the two screws that are holding it in place and then carefully pull it off.
- Once the old doorknob is removed, take a look at the hole in the door where it was attached. This hole is called the borehole and it needs to be slightly larger than the new doorknob that you will be installing.
- If it isn’t, you can use a drill to enlarge it slightly.
After enlarging the borehole, hold the new doorknob up to it and insert the screws that come with it.
- Be sure to tighten these screws securely so that the doorknob doesn’t come loose over time.
- Once the new doorknob is in place, give it a try to make sure it opens and closes smoothly.
- If everything seems to be working properly, then you’re all done!
Installing a new doorknob is a quick and easy project that most people can do in just a few minutes. So there you have it, a quick and easy guide to installing a new doorknob. With just a few simple tools and steps, you can easily update the look of your doors without spending a lot of money or time.